Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Want to know what's new on the Webmaster Central YouTube channel? Here's what we've uploaded in the past week:
As part of Google's goal to make the web faster, we uploaded several video tips about optimizing the speed of your website. Check out the tutorials page to view the tutorials and associated videos.
Matt Cutts answered a new question each day from the Grab Bag:
- What are some best practices for moving to a new CMS?
- Is over-optimization bad for a website?
- Will having my software listed in low-quality directories harm my website's ranking?
- Can the geographic location of a web server affect SEO?
- Will I be penalized if all of my Sitemap URLs have the same priority?
And during Adam Lasnik's visit to India, he was interviewed by Webmaster Help Forum guide Jayan Tharayil about issues related to webmasters in India. We have the full three-part interview right here.
We'll get you started on this batch of videos with Matt's tips for targeting your site to a specific region:
Feel free to leave comments letting us know how you liked the videos, and if you have any specific questions, ask the experts in the Webmaster Help Forum.